Here at dhealth Dentistry, we take gum and bone health seriously. The only way to build a healthy mouth is on a foundation of excellent gum and bone health. dhealth Dentistry suggests that every patient visit us for a dental scale and clean appointment every six months. This will reduce your risk of gum disease and improve your overall health and wellbeing considerably. Your teeth cleaning can be conducted in conjunction with your annual general check-up. Depending on the amount of plaque and tartar build up on and between your teeth, the cost of a scale and clean will vary:
- Price: $195 to $268
- Health Fund Item No*: 114, 121, 012, 221
Scale and Clean Dental Procedure
Your scale and clean visit will consists of a one-hour appointment with one of our professional hygienists and dental therapists. The procedure is usually painless, but if you feel any pain or discomfort during your clean, be sure to let our hygienist know straight away—they can administer some Happy Gas for you.
A scale and clean involves:
- Unlike more invasive dental treatments, there is no need for an anaesthetic to be administered. As such, the first step in your scale and clean will be a quick check-up to make sure there are no serious or existing problems.
- Once the check-up is complete, we’ll use a small, vibrating wand to carefully glide across the surface of your teeth enamel, being sure to get into all those hard-to-reach places between your teeth that a toothbrush just can’t get to.
- We’ll usually work our way across your top jaw, front and back, and then move through all the teeth on your bottom jaw, front and back. So, in total, we take four swipes across your teeth.
- You can also elect to have a fluoride treatment, an oral cancer check and a perio analysis to check for gum disease during your scale and clean.
The scaling and cleaning will remove all plaque, calculus (tartar) and any stains that have built up over time on and between your teeth. So, you’ll have a healthy, shiny set of teeth after just one hour. And, best of all, regular scales and cleans help to prevent the on-set of other, more serious dental issues.
Contact dhealth Dentistry Melbourne
Contacting dhealth Dentistry in Melbourne couldn’t be easier. You can: