Porcelain veneers are an amazing cosmetic dental treatment that can give you an A-list smile in a matter of weeks. This popular treatment can produce incredible results, making your smile sparkle like never before. Veneers are fine tooth-shaped pieces of porcelain, which are fixed to the front surfaces of your teeth to create a flawless smile. They are often compared to false nails because they are fitted to the natural teeth in the same way that false nails sit over the top of nails.
The cost you can expect to pay for porcelain veneers will vary, depending on how many you need, and which tooth to which it will be affixed. As a guide on how much these can cost, you can expect:
Price: $1,200 to $1,500 per veneer (although discounts may apply if multiple teeth are involved)
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Porcelain veneers are scratch and stain resistant and they never lose that beautiful, white glow.
- Porcelain veneers have proven to be very long lasting, with an approximate ten-year lifetime.
- They can cover any type of imperfection in your teeth; such as stains, chips and gaps. So, they’re the perfect solution to cover up those coffee stains or to fix that gap you’ve hated since you were a kid.
Our Procedure for Fitting Porcelain Veneers
Usually, the procedure to fit porcelain veneers will involve two appointments, approximately two weeks apart:
- Before the veneers are fitted, your teeth may need to be prepared. This process is carried out under local anesthetic and involves removing thin layers of the tooth enamel to create space in your mouth for the veneers. This ensures that the thickness of your teeth doesn’t change too much. It also helps to create the perfect shape for the veneers to be placed on. During this stage, we will also check for any signs of tooth decay or damage so that this can be treated before your veneers are fitted. Temporary veneers can be used to cover up any changes in your teeth before the final veneers are fitted.
- After your teeth have been prepared, our expert team will create an impression of your teeth using dental putty. This is an important stage; to helps to create veneers that will fit perfectly.
- We will use a shade graph to select a shade of white that most closely resembles the teeth around the veneers.
- Once you are happy with the shade and shape of the veneers, we can bond the veneers to your teeth. This is achieved using a process of creating microscopic etchings on the teeth, which help the dental cement to create a bond.
- After the bond has set, all you have to do is walk out and show the world your brand new smile.
Contact dhealth Dentistry Melbourne
Contacting dhealth Dentistry in Melbourne couldn’t be easier. You can: