dhealth Dentistry’s approach is to provide a calm, gentle and personal, yet professional, service which is tailored to your specific needs. Happy Gas (or Nitrous Gas as it is officially known) can be used to treat any anxiety or fear that you might have about visiting the dentist. Whether it is a phobia, or life experiences that have created your anxiety – happy gas could just be the solution for you. Best of all, the cost associated with the use of Happy Gas is relatively affordable. Although, it is important to keep in mind that the majority of private health insurance funds will not provide a rebate:
- Price: $80 per visit
- Health Fund Item No*: 943 (it is common for health funds to not provide a rebate for the use of Happy Gas).
The Benefits of Happy Gas
There are a number of benefits associated with using Happy Gas at your dental appointment, particularly if you suffer from acute anxiety or fear:
- Fast acting, Happy Gas reaches the brain within 20 seconds. The sedation and pain-killing properties of Happy Gas then take effect within just two to three minutes, calming your nerves and anxieties almost immediately.
- The expert team at dhealth Dentistry can control and tailor the dose of Happy Gas that you need according to your requirement. We can alter your level of sedation from minute to minute, depending on how you’re responding at the time.
- There are no after effects when it comes to the use of Happy Gas. The gas leaves your body within two to five minutes of removing your mask. We do recommend that you bring a support driver in come cases, especially if you feel uneasy about driving after your dental treatment.
- There are no needles required! This can be a huge drawcard, particularly if you are scared of needles, as well as the dentist.
- Happy Gas has been proven to be very safe. It has no negative side effects on the heart, lungs, liver, kidneys or brain.
Happy Gas Procedure
The procedure to administer Happy Gas is very simple. We place a mask over your mouth and administer the gas while you continue to breathe normally through your nose. That’s it. It really is that simple.
Contact dhealth Dentistry Melbourne
Contacting dhealth Dentistry couldn’t be easier. You can:
- Call us on 03 9882 6938
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete our quick and easy online contact form
- Pop in and see us at 257 Camberwell Road, Camberwell, Melbourne