Braces are often the ideal solution for repairing dental issues like crooked teeth, overcrowded teeth, large gaps in the mouth, and problems with underbites or overbites. They work to straighten teeth and re-align them properly to restore a naturally beautiful smile while preventing any more damage.
Traditional braces are incredibly effective, strong and deliver long-lasting results. They exert constant pressure on the teeth over time to adjust them into a healthy new position. These days there are a range of modern braces types available that are far less noticeable than those in the past, such as invisible Invisalign. Metal braces are stronger, while ceramic braces can be tooth-coloured and lingual braces are fully concealed by attaching to the back of the teeth.
Our dentists can professionally assess your teeth and recommend the perfect braces solution for you.
- Price: FREE assessment and first consultation, after which we can provided a detailed cost
Benefits of Braces
- Braces greatly enhances the look of your smile, restoring your face and mouth to its naturally beautiful state. A perfectly aligned smile also boosts confidence and self-esteem.
- Braces offer a highly effective and strong solution for most jaw problems, as well as having a long-lasting impact on the alignment of your teeth as you grow older. A range of options developed in recent years means they look more natural and no longer have the drawbacks of looking like ‘metal-mouth’.
- Re-alignment of teeth makes them easier to clean, reduces plaque build up in your mouth and lowers the risk of dental issues such as tooth decay and harmful gum disease.
- Some braces treatments can be covered by health insurance. Ask your health insurance provider to find out if they are included in your policy.
Our Procedure for Fitting Braces
- Firstly, our specialist dental team will make a full assessment of your jaw and the results you are hoping to achieve. From here they will recommend and confirm which type offers the best solution, taking into consideration your personal preference and budget.
- The procedure starts by using separators to create new space in between your back molars.
- When separators are removed, bands are then fitted around your molars to anchor down the braces.
- We then attach a small bracket to your teeth, and wire is placed through the brackets before being attached to the bands. This is what creates pressure on teeth to re-align.
- Our dental team will set regular appointments for you to visit and get your braces checked for progress and adjusted if needed.
Contact dhealth Dentistry Melbourne
Are braces the right fit for you? Contact our friendly dental team today to find out. You can: