Maryland Bridge For Missing Tooth
- Patient Name: Xixi
- Age: 45
- Dental Issue:
- Missing tooth which had been temporarily replaced.
- Xixi was after a more permanent fix, which would improve the aesthetics of her smile long-term.
Maryland Bridge: Before and After
Missing Tooth Problem
When Xixi first visited dhealth Dentistry in Camberwell, she had a temporary solution for a tooth that was missing on the left-hand side of her mouth.
This temporary fix bothered Xixi in a number of ways. She was tired of it constantly looking like she had something stuck in her teeth. Plus, the overall effect just wasn’t pleasing to the eye. She wanted a smile that she could be proud of. She wanted to flash her pearly whites without people telling her she had food stuck between her teeth!
Xixi wanted a more permanent solution for her missing tooth that matched the colour of her remaining teeth.
Before, Xixi’s main issues were:
- Missing tooth upper left side of her smile
- Constantly aware of the temporary solution used to replace her missing tooth
- The desire for a permanent solution, which matched the colour of the rest of her teeth
Missing Tooth Solution
- STEP 1: To begin, our team of expert dentists carefully and expertly removed the composite and the temporary tooth.
- STEP 2: We designed and agreed upon both the colour and shape of the replacement tooth. Xixi visited our trusted lab so that her replacement tooth matched her other teeth perfectly.
- STEP 3: The final step in this procedure was the insertion of a Maryland (resin-bonded) bridge. Maryland bridges are often used to replace a missing front tooth.
Xixi was very happy with the end result, particularly how well the replacement tooth matches her existing teeth.