For all the vigilance and expert oral care that a dentist can provide, it’s possible that an acute oral health problem surfaces which must be dealt with exclusively. A limited oral examination is a service we provide to address a particular issue troubling you. Examples of issues which may surface include, but are not limited to the following:
- The eruption of wisdom teeth
- Dental emergency caused by sport or accident
- Acute infection
- Unexplained toothaches
- Loss of fillings or crowns
What Does a Limited Oral Examination Include?
The process taken by your dentist during a limited oral examination will vary according to the particular nature of the problem experienced. However, a variety of tools and methods are available to ascertain the precise nature of the issue and to determine a solution. A selection of methods can be found below:
- Intra-oral examination of problem area, whether gums, teeth, tongue, throat, cheeks or lips. This method of inspection is conducted using a visual search, and will often suffice should the issue be a surface lesion, for example.
- X-rays, where necessary, can be taken according to requirement. A sequence of acute mouth x-rays will reveal any irregularities in the structures that support the acute area in question. Tooth related problems otherwise invisible to the naked eye can also be revealed by an acute x-ray.
- Consultation. Oftentimes, when the acute issue is recognised, there will be a number of potential solutions available to solve the issue at hand. For example, let’s say that a sporting injury has resulted in partial damage to some teeth and the loss of another. There are many treatment pathways available in this scenario. A swift, open, and productive consultation will be necessary to get you on a course of action to reach optimum oral health and wellbeing.
The Benefits of a Limited Oral Examination
The value of a limited oral examination is self-evident. If you have an acute issue that is affecting your quality of life, a nuanced evaluation of the problem at hand is the first step on the road to a gratifying solution.
At dhealth Denistry, we have the experience and expertise to deliver the solution that best works for you.
It’s simple to get in contact! We’d love to hear from you via any of the following means. You can: