Our team at dhealth Dentistry always treat the safety of our patients as our number one priority.
First of all, my team and I hope you and your family are well and safe during this testing time relating to the COVID-19 situation.
Dental surgeries are considered as essential services by our Australian Government and therefore currently dhealth Dentistry is still open to help everyone in our community to avoid having any dental issues and our whole team is here to assist anyone with a dental emergency.
We are maintaining constant communication with the Australian Dental Association, obtaining the most up-to-date information relating to any of the development affecting our industry.
Apart from always carrying out the highest level of infection control complying with the Australian standard, dhealth Dentistry have implemented the following additional protocols to minimise any possibility of disease transmission:
1. We have installed several hand sanitising stations throughout our practice and all our patients will be requested to sanitise their hands upon arrival.
2. All magazines/books/toys will be removed. We recommend bringing your own books/other forms of entertainment if desired.
3. All hard surfaces in contact with staff/patients will be sanitised by the hour if not more often. This cleaning schedule is recorded in a log and checked everyday. High contact area like the reception desk and Eftpos machine will be disinfected after each patient contact.
4. Hospital grade disinfecting wipes are available in the waiting room, all operative areas and also in our toilet.
5. A form will be given to all our patients upon arrival, confirming that everyone entering the operative area is free of any of the following symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing
- Runny nose
If you do display one or more of the above symptom(s), please inform a member of our staff PRIOR to your appointment by ringing 03 9882 6938. In which case, it is likely that we will reschedule and delay all dental treatments.
6. We cordially request all our patients to disclose to us if they have travelled overseas or have been in close contact with someone who has travelled overseas in the last 14 days. All elective treatment shall be asked to be postponed.
7. All staff and patients are requested to have their temperature taken when they arrive to ensure not being over 37.5°C (and a log is kept).
8. Any patients displaying flu-like symptoms but requiring emergency dental services will be given guidance to seek treatment at nearby hospital.
9. All our staff have completed the latest COVID-19 Infection Control training released by the Australian Government Department of Health and all our certificates are on display at our reception area.
In addition, please be assured that none of our practitioners or staff have travelled overseas since January, and it was not to any of the countries listed as Higher Risk by the Australian Government’s Department of Health (China, Iran, Italy, South Korea). All staff have been thoroughly briefed on the importance of attending work only in the absence of any respiratory symptoms.
For additional information and advice about COVID-19 – including its symptoms, travel concerns and what to do to reduce the risk of infection, please visit https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19
Or call The Department of Health and Human Services Victoria on 1300 650 172
If you actually suspect that you might have contracted or are displaying any of the COVID-19 symptoms, please call the Primary Care Triage COVID-19 hotline on 1800 020 080.
As health professionals, while we appreciate that most people (80%) infected by COVID-19 will exhibit only mild symptoms, we would still like to unequivocally state that these changes have been implemented in our practice largely to help protect the vulnerable people in our community and reduce the burden on our health system. We would like to encourage the community to continue practicing excellent hand hygiene habits, practise social distancing and have excellent respiratory etiquette (cough/sneeze into tissue and dispose, or into your bent elbow).
We thank you for your understanding in controlling the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
If there is anything you would like us to clarify, please free feel to call us on 03 9882 6938.
Please stay home and stay safe!
Dr Anna and the team at dhealth Dentistry