The greatest advantage of laser dentistry is that the dreaded dental drill is no longer necessary in your dental restoration.
The latest revolution in oral care, laser dentistry, has eradicated the dreaded drill from your visit to the dentist. It has made the care of teeth something it has never been before – virtually pain free!
Lasers are one of the most precise, gentle and minimally invasive tools for medicine and dentistry, using water and light rather than high-pitched vibrating instruments. They can be used for therapy and surgery inside and around the mouth with less discomfort and much faster healing times when compared to conventional scalpel surgery. Additionally, the need of injections or sutures are generally less required.
The LightWalker Laser
dhealth Dentistry recently invested in a new, state-of-the-art LightWalker laser machine. Using advanced technology, this new device improves patient comfort, and delivers better clinical results, in less time. The benefits of the LightWalker include:
- Shorter, more effective treatment: dental procedures are generally completed more quickly and to a higher standard. By their very nature, laser dentistry treatments are less invasive—our new laser machine takes this to a whole new level.
- Increased patient comfort: pain and bleeding are minimal (if present at all). In fact, laser treatment is so gentle (for cleaning cavities and soft tissue treatments), that patients may not even need anesthetics. Plus, there is no horrible high-pitched drilling sound, which makes treatment much more comfortable, particularly for children or people with dental phobias.
Is Laser Dentistry Safe?
In the hands of a trained professional, like Dr Anna at dhealth Dentistry in Camberwell, lasers are extremely safe. In fact, they are much safer than traditional drills and scalpels. The precision of the LightWalker laser allows us to perform surgery without collateral damage, and the tissue around the area undergoing surgery is actually stimulated to heal faster by the intense light.
Our Laser Dentistry Treatment and Services
dhealth Dentistry in Melbourne can use laser dentistry techniques across a number of our cosmetic, preventative and reparative oral treatments, including:
- Removal of decay
- Root canal and teeth sterilisation
- Gum disease treatments
- Tooth whitening
- Surgical procedures
- Gum lifts
- Removal of fibromas, haemangiomas and other oral pigmentations
- Desensitisation of teeth
- Reduce symptoms of cold sores and prevent its recurrence
- Photobiomodulation, which is the promotion of cell healing, reduction of pain and increase recovery after trauma or ailments.
Through the use of the LightWalker laser, our treatments are performed quicker and with less pain than conventional treatments. The healing time after your treatment will also be significantly shorter.
Why Opt for Laser Dentistry?
- For decay removal, in many instances, it is virtually painless, which has the added bonus of reducing the need for local anaesthetic.
- It is safer than conventional scalpel surgery.
- Bleeding can be reduced or stopped entirely as laser has coagulation effect.
- Swelling can be reduced, particularly as sutures are not required.
- Postoperative discomfort can be reduced significantly.
- It kills bacteria, sterilising surgical areas and allowing the best possible rate of healing.
- Best of all, you can say goodbye to your fear of drills.
Say Goodbye To Your Fear of Drills
The single greatest advantage of laser dentistry is undoubtedly the eradication of the dental drill in the majority of dental procedures.
In fact, with the LightWalker laser, we can perform all sorts of dental treatments, from the removal of tooth decay in preparation for a filling and during root canal treatment, right through to gum disease treatment and tooth whitening. The use of laser dentistry in teeth whitening has proven to be particularly effective as it not only rapidly increases the speed of the bleaching process.
Contact dhealth Dentistry TodayContacting dhealth Dentistry in Melbourne couldn’t be easier. You can:
- Call us on 03 9882 6938
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pop in and see us at 257 Camberwell Road, Camberwell, Melbourne