The greatest advantage of laser dentistry is that the dreaded dental drill is no longer necessary in your dental restoration.
The latest revolution in oral care, laser dentistry has eradicated the dreaded drill from your visit to the dentist. It has made the care of teeth something it has never been before – virtually pain free!
Our only limitation is the removal of old metal filings and metal crowns. Neither can be removed with any laser available to dentistry at this point in time.
Lasers are one of the most precise, gentle, and minimally invasive tools for medicine and dentistry, using water and light rather than loud moving instruments.
Lasers can be used for therapy and surgery inside and around the mouth with less discomfort and faster healing times when compared to conventional scalpel surgery. Additionally, injections or sutures are generally not required.
Is Laser Dentistry Safe?
In the hands of a trained professional, like Dr Stefan Danylak at dhealth Dentistry in Camberwell, lasers are extremely safe. In fact, they are much safer than traditionally drills and scalpels. The precision of lasers allows us to perform surgery without collateral damage, and the tissue around the area undergoing surgery is actually stimulated to heal faster by the intense light.
Our Laser Dentistry Treatment & Services
dhealth Dentistry in Melbourne can use laser dentistry techniques across a number of our cosmetic, preventative, and reparative oral treatments, including:
- Removal of decay
- Fluoride treatment
- Root canal and teeth sterilisation
- Gum disease treatments
- Tooth whitening
- Surgical procedures
Why Opt for Laser Dentistry?
- It is virtually painless, which has the added bonus of eradicating the need for local anaesthetic
- It is safer than conventional scalpel surgery
- Bleeding can be reduced
- Swelling can be controlled, particularly as sutures are not required
- Postoperative discomfort can be reduced
- It kills bacteria, sterilising surgical areas and allowing the best possible rate of healing
- Best of all, you can say goodbye to your fear of drills
Say Goodbye to Your Fear of Drills
However, the single greatest advantage that laser dentistry has to offer is undoubtedly is the eradication of the dental drill in the majority of dental procedures.
In fact, professional laser dentistry can be used in all sorts of dental treatments, from the removal of tooth decay in preparation for a filling and during root canal treatment, right through to gum disease treatment and tooth whitening. The use of laser dentistry in teeth whitening has proven to be particularly effective; not only does it rapidly increase the speed of the bleaching process, results can actually last longer.
Contact dhealth Dentistry in Melbourne
Contacting dhealth Dentistry couldn’t be easier. You can:
- Call us on 03 9882 6938
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete our quick and easy online contact form
- Pop in and see us at 257 Camberwell Road, Camberwell, Melbourne